Sunday, December 11, 2011

A month plus a few...

We arrived in Naples over a month ago!! Hmm...can't decide if it feels like an eternity or like it was yesterday since we stepped foot on Italian soil. I surely can't say I love it here but I'm sure it's not the worst place to live. We've been so fortunate to meet some really nice people and Madalyn's made some friends and likes her classmates and new teacher Ms. Davis.



We have had REALLY good food a couple of times. Last night we finished dinner with this..



I miss LOTS of things about home...I miss my yard a lot. We now have a little patio with NO privacy. I miss the garbage disposal in my sink and taking my trash out to the street on Tuesday's. I terribly miss recycling. I miss breathing clean air. I miss carpet. I miss going out into town without punching coordinates into the the gps. I miss getting my YOUNG LIVING products in a week!! I miss calling my family without counting how far ahead we are. I miss Madalyn playing with her friends in the front yard. I miss all of my posessions (we are praying they arrive before Christmas after two missed delivery dates). Okay enough about the misses...I'm sure Italy will grow on us and we will learn to love every bit of it!! At least I have my loves to share this blessed Christmas season with.



1 comment:

Stephanie B said...

Thanks for sharing Sarah. I totally understand where you are coming from, and could make my own similar blog post. I find myself appreciating more of the things we take for granted back home. I am already making a wish list of things I want to do when we get home. The things I miss most are shopping for organic food at Trader Joes, going to the park, going for a walk, and just popping over to my favorite store Target. I am sure you will find many things to love about Naples. I know that when I leave Jakarta there will be a few things I miss too. Anyways, the main thing is that we are with our families. No more deloyments for a few years, and that's always something to celebrate :)