Monday, October 8, 2007
Bike Riding
So I suddenly decided that today was going to be the day that I was going to teach Madalyn to ride her bike without the training wheels. So I got the bike out and took the training wheels off and started holding onto the back of the seat like I see pictures of people doing. Well let me tell you those pictures didn't help us one bit. I held onto the back of the seat and tried to explain to her about balance. Well my back was screaming after ten minutes and I thought to myself we are done, she's not getting it. So I said Madalyn we've got to take a break maybe we'll try this again tomorrow. She said no mom I want to learn now. So I thought to myself how can we accomplish this. So to make a long story short I took one pedal off so she could put her foot down easily and had her experience what balancing feels like. I let her go, without holding onto the back of the seat and she got it. Five minutes later I put the pedal on and said when you feel ready put your feet on the pedals and pedal. She got it the first try!!!!! I was pretty proud of myself...and her too! I thought dads were always the one to teach the kids to ride two wheels. I read an add today that said, Moms are like dads...only smarter!! I love it.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for Madalyn! And the pictures are so adorable! I don't think I'll have the patience to teach my kids (and you're right, my dad taught all five kids in my family... I plan to pass it off on Nate also since he's way more patient than I am). But I love that saying! It was really smart of you to teach her that way. :-)
Post a Comment